Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cara's Bedroom Update

When we built our house 7 years ago, this was Ali's room.  She chose to have a hot pink accent wall, which she loved.  Me, not so much.  The pink is so bright that it casts a neon pink shadow out into the hallway. 
 
Now it's Cara's room and this is what it looks like with Cara's bedding choice.  It's looked like this for the past year and a half since Ali left for college.
 

I've been dying to change up this room and get it a little bit calmer and more relaxing.  We bought an antique bed and had it refinished.  It was completed last weekend, so this weekend it was time for a room update.  We painted the accent wall the same color as the other walls and switched out the bed.
This is what it looks like now:


I love it so much!  I'm on the hunt for an antique nightstand that matches the bed and a chippy stool to put on the other side of the bed.  I also have my eye on a sign for over the bed.  It's on etsy by "House of Belonging,"  but I need to save up for it.

First house update project for 2015 done!  Next project:  paint the laundry room!

No comments:

Post a Comment