Saturday, August 7, 2010

Status Update

So, here's the status on our adoption as of Friday. We were "cabled" on Friday, which means our information has been sent to the US Consulate in Guangzhou. We need a pdf verification of being cabled before Cara's visa stuff can be turned in over in China, and China only accepts paperwork on Mondays and Thursdays. I asked for the pdf, but was told that I could not have it emailed to me. This means I will hopefully have the info I need for Cara's stuff to be turned in on Thursday rather than Monday, which kinda sucks. Then we wait for article 5 and travel approval. I just really, really want to travel before November, but I have a sinking feeling that it might not happen due to all of the holidays in China during the month of October.

Meanwhile, on the I800A renewal front: yes, both fingerprints and I800A expire on 10/13/10. This means we need a homestudy update, 2-supplement 2's, and a supplement 3 filed with USICS. Our social worker is coming on Tuesday and I'm hoping for a super-quick homestudy update so we can get all of this turned in ASAP. It shouldn't be that hard; especially since NOTHING has changed for us in the last 15 months. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. We traveled October 10 to October 31 without any trouble-just had to wait until the national holidays at the start of the month were over.