Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Time in Pullman

Last Saturday we went to Pullman to watch the Cougars play basketball. Cara did pretty good with the long day, especially since she napped with her sister on the drive.

She spent most of the game sitting with Grandpa, but she also did a lot of wiggling around...she is 3, after all. By the end of the game she was standing and clapping while the band played the Cougar fight song. I have a video of it, but I'm still not able to figure out how to get videos off my flip camera and onto my blog. I hope to figure it out pretty soon because I've got some pretty good video clips that would be fun to share.

The Cougars won, beating the Oregon Ducks pretty handily. After the game, I was worried how Cara was going to handle spending the night in a hotel for the first time since she's been home; even though we would all be with her. We were a group of 7 all in one hotel room. Cara and I started out sleeping with A, my mom and dad were in the 2nd bed, and J and B were on the hide-a-bed. Cara kept moving from bed to bed, which I wasn't too happy about. Finally when she was back with A and me and she tried to dive out of bed again, I pulled her back down between us. She started sobbing, "I want Daddy!" So B hopped in bed with Grandpa, Grandma and A shared the hide-a-bed, and J stood and rocked Cara. For 5 minutes. Then she was out. He put her in bed between us and she slept through the night. She whimpered a couple of times and I stroked her cheek and told her she was OK and she quieted right down. We got up the next morning and drove home. No night terrors. I was amazed. So the verdict is she did OK for the first time away from home, but I don't want to take her overnight again for the next little while. She needs more time, I think.
Today is 3 month "gotcha"versary. I will post more later to tell about her progress.


1 comment:

  1. I love the first picture. If she wasn't crawling around under the bleachers, she did pretty well for a three year old! Glad she (mostly) slept through the night. And now I understand my nephew's facebook posts about the Ducks-I was thinking of the Mighty Ducks :-)

    Congratulations on your three month "versary".

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete