Saturday, February 19, 2011

When the boys are away...

The girls go play! Well, we didn't actually plan to go shopping, but that's what happened. The boys went to Tacoma this weekend for the state wrestling tournament, but us girls decided to stay home. We didn't want to spend our weekend in the Tacoma Dome and didn't really have anything to shop for. Besides, A and Cara both have a runny nose and cough that they need to stay home and get rid of.

But I opened my email Friday night and it said there was going to be a box sale at Gymboree and that the store would open 2 hours early on Saturday morning for rewards members. AND there was an extra 20% off. A box sale only happens at a few stores. The company sends all of their clearance stock to select stores to get rid of it. You can usually find some pretty good deals. So I called my sister-in-law and we made a plan to go. The above picture is Cara all ready to go shopping.

As it turns out, the sale wasn't really all that great. I bought Cara a dress I had been eyeing in the fall but didn't want to buy at full price. It will be great for preschool in the fall (if she ever gets potty trained). I found a couple of long sleeved t-shirts, a pair of tulle capri leggings, and a "birthday girl" t-shirt, which I bought big to make it last for 2 years. Cara also got 3 sets of hair pretties and a pair of red polka dot sunglasses (to match the above outfit). That was it. I spent right at $50.oo, which is a lot of money, but I earned a $25 gymbuck that I'll be able to use in April. So everything was a decent deal. I don't think I "scored" on anything, but it was a fun little trip to Tri-Cities.

2 comments:

  1. I love the outfit she's wearing here-I'm sure the sunglasses will be a great accessory!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gymboree in Glen Mills, PA will be having a box sale event on Sunday 3/6/11 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. as well.

    ReplyDelete