Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tour 2013 {Sunday Snapshot}

I can now breathe a huge sigh of relaxation.  The bulk of my Christmas decorating is done.  I took 15 pictures to post here for two reasons:  one, I LOVE Christmas and love to see other people's decorations, so it's only right if I post mine, too, right?  Reason number two?  My pictures help me remember next year so I can keep the things I love the same, but change it up a little so it's new and fresh.
 
My new lighted manger this year.  Love it!
 


This is actually A's demijohn jar.  I had Cara fill the bottom of it with clear marbles.  Then I stuffed it full of white lights and put a little ribbon on it.  I think it's pretty :)

Advent calendar I cross-stitched in college:


Cara's pink Christmas tree.  We put one of her tutu's around the bottom of it for a tree skirt and set her sister's pointe shoes by it.  I made the pink Christmas trees by wrapping pink yarn around cones.  I saw a large tree like the yarn-wrapped trees in a boutique for $47.00!  I bought a skein of yarn and 3 cones and did them myself for around $7.00.


B's WSU Cougar tree.  He decorated it himself!


Here is my wrought iron Christmas card holder.  Only two cards so far.  The table was made by my grandpa.  We have a copy of The Polar Express and a jingle bell on the table next to a pointsettia.


Our Christmas tree.  It's mainly decorated in white and silver.  I love, love, love the sled I found in an antique shop this year!

Mantle:

An urn by the front door:


Buffet in the kitchen:


Front door:




Snow Village that takes up my entire dining room table with the extra leaves in the table.  And the china hutch behind it.  And the vintage stereo not pictured.  I get a new house every year for Christmas.  It takes the better part of a day and all family members to get it put up.


And last but not least, my new little antique pitcher with paperwhites sprouting up on the kitchen island.  Love it!

If you made it this far, thanks for looking.  Merry Christmas!

For more Sunday Snapshots, click here:

Ni Hao Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment