Thursday, December 30, 2010

Apparently She Likes Pigs



J, A, B, Grandpa, and a couple friends went to Clarkston today to pick up 26 pigs for the 4-H club. They left at 8:00 am and got back at 3:30 pm. Cara was so excited for them to come home with the pigs, but I'm not sure she knew exactly what 26 piglets were going to look like. We sat in the front window waiting and she had me read her The Three Little Pigs a couple of times.
When they got home she had me put her jacket on and she raced out to the pig pen to watch the pigs be taken out of the truck and dropped into the pen. I thought the squealing would freak her out, but she screamed and laughed and thought it was hysterical. She wanted in the pen with the pigs and wasn't afraid at all. She patted a couple of them, but wasn't really interested in touching them after that. She would point and say, "I want that one, I want that one," as she was listening/copying the other kids as they were trying to choose which pigs they wanted. I had a hard time getting her to come back inside even though it was right about 32 degrees F outside. The rest of the 4-H kids will come tomorrow morning to pick out their pigs. Thirteen of the pigs will go live somewhere else until the livestock show in May but the other 13 will stay here. I think Cara is going to like having pigs outside to watch and play with for the next few months.

1 comment: