Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cara lost her first tooth!

Cara is so excited and I'm sad!  She lost her first tooth tonight, which was exciting for her, but for me, its the last "first lost tooth" in the family. :(
 
This one has been wiggly for a while.  I kept telling her to leave it alone, because I didn't want her to grow up.  This weekend a couple of the cousins spent the night for a little slumber party and the tooth got REALLY wiggly with some encouragement from the cousins.
 
Tomorrow Cara is planning to go to the water park with one of her friends and she was worried that she might lose her tooth (and lose it for real) while she played in the water.  So she decided that tonight was the night.
 
She had me take a "before" shot:
 

Then she had me rub a little Orajel on her gums to numb it.  She laid her head on a pillow on my lap and I gave a little tug.  She bolted right up and said, "Did you almost get it?"  I said, "It's in my hand."  And showed her the tooth.

She got a Kleenex to stop the blood and then excitedly posed for the "after" pic.


She wants to write a note to the tooth fairy and ask if she can keep her first tooth, and she's expecting $5.00. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just when I think she couldn't get any cuter! Kerry wants to lose a tooth like most of her friends have, but hasn't even had the first hint of a wiggle.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete