Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Red Couch Photo







Today was Red Couch photo day. It is tradition for adoptive families that stay at the White Swan hotel to have a photo taken on the red couch. I have been planning this day for a long time (silly, I know). I wanted all of us in our WSU clothing for the Christmas card. Then I wanted Cara in a gold traditional Chinese dress. I've seen hundreds of red couch photos as I read everyone's blogs and I really wanted to get her a gold dress. She looks fantastic, don't you think?
All of the babies together on the couch was chaos! Crying and wiggling and bailing out of the photo. I thought we were just getting a photo of the babies adopted on this trip, but there were several siblings in the photo as well. There were actually 11 babies adopted in our travel group. The last photo is all of the families in front of the waterfall at the White Swan hotel.
Then we went upstairs for a nap. Cara slept for 2 hours. Then we headed out to find the pet market. We brought a map and everything and wandered all over, but never ended up finding the pet market. We were sweaty and tired so we grabbed something to eat and headed to the park again. Cara played on the slide again for a while and then we went back to the hotel. It's been a pretty uneventful day. Tomorrow we get to go to the zoo so that should be fun. The zoo and packing; I am ready to go home!







1 comment: