Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Decorating

I'm not a good home decorator.  I want to be...but I'm just not.  My yard (the landscaped part) looks awesome.  I'm good at that, but interior "making things cute" is not my strength.  I aspire to be better in 2012.  So I'm starting now. 

When we built, we put a towel bar in the kids bathroom.  The bar barely holds anything and falls constantly.  I knocked it down again tonight, in fact, while taking the pics of A and B.  I'm scared it's going to crack the tile, so it's coming down.  My plan is to buy 3 hooks in the same style as the bar so the kids can just hang their towels on hooks.  I bought 3 frames today and plan to frame these 3 photos; one above each hook.  That should "pretty up" the bare wall and get rid of the uncooperative towel bar.

I took this picture of Cara last week.  It inspired the idea for the black and white framed photos above the hooks.

I took this one of A after she finished her shower this evening.  I think it kind of looks like a sketch drawing.  All I did was convert it to black and white.

B was the hardest to photograph.  I had to do his shots twice because he wasn't happy with the first ones.  This one he tolerates.  I think it's cool.

I hope this idea turns out as good in reality as it does in my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment