Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Watching Day

We have been very slow to add activities into Cara's schedule.  She was home for almost a year before we added in any activities for her.  This October she got to start taking dance.  She takes dance at the same studio as her sister and two of her cousins, so she was incredibly excited to start.  The teacher only lets parents watch the first lesson of the month in order to minimize distractions during dance lessons.  I wasn't able to attend watching day in November, so this was my first watching day with Cara.  A is in high school, and she hasn't wanted me to attend watching day for about 5 years now.  Here she is a little shy:


She still has that embarrassed smirk on her face.  She gets it from having an older brother and sister.  When she came over to me to switch to ballet slippers she whispered, "Don't laugh."  I said, "I'm not laughing, I'm smiling because I'm proud of you."  Sometimes having older siblings is a blessing; sometimes its a curse.
Here's the pure joy I normally see on my girl's face.  They were taking individual turns showing the teacher how they could skip across the floor.


And she skips back...

She gets some air when she skips!


This is Cara's concentrating face.  She always has her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth when she really has to think about what she's doing.  Her little face is chapped on that side from her tongue.  I wish I could figure out a way to break that habit.
She did such a great job!  I can't wait for watching day next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment